Monday 20 August 2012

www.jewellerydesignbydml.co.uk
Large rare red Victorian sea glass surrounded by silver seaweed
My eyes sore from looking for sea glass, was going to call it a day when this beauty hit my eye, and next to it was some seaweed, so I couldn't leave it there all alone, so dried the seaweed then hand painted it about 27 times in fine silver, (I thought I'm not doing this again) letting it dry between coats, then kiln fired it, the back has left the beautiful detail of the seaweed! I found them together so they stayed together! I will take a photograph of the finished piece with its beautiful chain as I waited for the post man to knock, it's arrived so must finish it! I will be making sea glass seaweed again as this has turned out stunning. I love looking at it and touching it, some lucky girl will be wearing it.

2 comments:

  1. 27 coats??!! looks stunning tho & was even better in real life!

    Hope you don't mind me saying, but the text on your 1st post is easier to read than what you're using now... when you've got more than a few lines this is a bit awkward & especially the smaller writing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzi, hopefully I have put it correct? and no I don't mind haha, I like constructive criticism, its the only way I will get it right xxx

      Delete